Did lockdown teach us something?

Advertisements

Absolutely Yes! It indeed injected the patience element over impatient people.

Some people, especially in the 21st century are very much impatient. Due to which the clarity among the people was missing. With patience alone, the clarity can be derived irrespective of what we do.

Being Impatient will take you no where.

You may ask, how did lockdown alone teach patience to people?

Always remember, I’m considering impatient people. We do have people, who are very much patient in nature and existence. But comparatively we have impatient one’s more.

So, let me explain using 3 different timelines to give you a better understanding.

1. Before lockdown:

Impatient people were very keen in making more and more money and were least concerned about the mental well being.

Making money was indeed part of life, but it will sacrifice the patience aspect of a person.

This impatient attitude will hamper, individual’s thought process and is also the reason for various lifestyle related problems.

The life of impatient person before the lock down was full of confusions with less or no clarity, he/she is always disturbed, angry and unsatisfactory in nature and existence. Which actually puts them in risk.

Being impatient yields nothing

Lockdown served as purpose.

2. During the lockdown:

Irrespective of gender, identity and social status, every one had to under go through the phase of lockdown.

For people who are impatient, lockdown felt like caged affair.

At times valuable things become invalid

Slowly along with everyone else, impatient one’s also had to accept the reality.

In this existence irrespective of who you are, you’ll have to change, when it comes to life or death.

Patience was the key for most impatient people now. They had to wait.

Your approach towards the problem matters

They had to adopt this kind of living as, there was no other go.

And guess what, it did yield so much for them.

3. After lockdown:

Once the normalcy returned for impatient ones, it felt like flying off from a cage.

Patience is the key and works well in any situation. You may notice the most innovative and intelligent people are mostly quiet.

Don’t just think differently, live different.

You know why? Its not because, they don’t want to talk. It’s because they know when to talk. There thoughts and emotions are so apt and well organised.

They are the ones who influence the world with better attitude and balanced approach.

With right approach life is bliss

If you are not ready to change from being impatient, it will for sure create a mess in impatient’s life.

Little bit of change yields better results.

This is a neutral view, you can express your views in the below comment section.

12.8516377.653047

41 thoughts on “Did lockdown teach us something?

1. lifeenhancer4u – India – The child you see in my profile photo is my son whose name is M. Ibrahim Kazi. I am Rehan Kazi, a family man and a father- of-one. I edit news online for a living, love to share knowedge with others, and help them in whatever way I can. This love has led me to create my blogs where I share my knowledge and the way I feel on various topics with my readers Have a good day
    lifeenhancer4u says:

Well said and very well written article.

2. lifeenhancer4u – India – The child you see in my profile photo is my son whose name is M. Ibrahim Kazi. I am Rehan Kazi, a family man and a father- of-one. I edit news online for a living, love to share knowedge with others, and help them in whatever way I can. This love has led me to create my blogs where I share my knowledge and the way I feel on various topics with my readers Have a good day
    lifeenhancer4u says:

Your posts are missing a re-blog button. Add it help people like me who look for good posts to share it on their sites. As the button is not there I am just linking your post to my blog. Have a good day.

3. CarolCooks2 – Udon Thani – Enjoying life in The Land Of Smiles I am having so much fun researching, finding new, authentic recipes both Thai and International to share with you. New recipes gleaned from those who I have met on my travels or are just passing through and stopped for a while. I hope you enjoy them. I love shopping at the local markets, finding fresh, natural ingredients, new strange fruits and vegetable ones I have never seen or cooked with. I am generally the only European person and attract much attention and I love to try what I am offered and when I smile and say Aroy or Saab as it is here in the north I am met with much smiling. Some of my recipes may not be in line with traditional ingredients and methods of cooking but are recipes I know and have become to love and maybe if you dare to try you will too. You will always get more than just a recipe from me as I love to research and find out what other properties the ingredients I use contain to improve our health and wellbeing. This is now taking me into other areas like deforestation, chemicals and preservatives in the food chain. Exciting for me hence the title of my blog, Retired No One Told Me! I am having a wonderful ride and don’t want to get off, so if you wish to follow me on my adventures, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the ride also and if it encourages you to take a step into the unknown or untried, you know you want to…….Then, I will be happy!
    CarolCooks2 says:

4. A very well put together article. We can learn from everything–including the things we wish we didn’t have to deal with like the pandemic and the lock-down.

5. Sheila “Spiral Sister” Murrey – Florida – I'm the author of the book, "Take It Upon Yourself to Live a Wholly Vibrant Life”, as well as two blogs. I write about holistic health and wellness, and spiritual topics. My intention is to share what I have learned and integrated into my daily life to help uplift and lighten others. Everyone can live a balanced, soul-aligned, and wholly vibrant life! I am a holistic health festival event emcee, and spirit-filled, soul-aligned transformational leader and speaker in the beautiful sunny state of Florida. I am a vibrant spiritual being living a Soul-connected earthly experience. My mantras: Align with Spirit in ALL ways. Go with your "God bumps" flow to FEEL your Soul-alignment ALL the time. Study at your Passion. Gather knowledge. Pray. Meditate. Then, Take It Upon Yourself to walk your talk, practice what you preach, and integrate all you learn into your day-to-day, so you joyfully express Omni-everything! We Are All Connected. Everything Resolves to Gratitude. Life's an ADVENTURE! Now, go have FUN! Disclaimer: My full-time computer software profession deals with data and documentation management: large-scale relational database systems. I am mostly analytical, yet also creative, currently working as a senior applications systems analyst on a large government contract. I am NOT a doctor or health practitioner, though I work with natural and holistic health professionals as a writer and emcee at health festivals and events. I encourage folks to seek multiple opinions for any health dis-eases. I support you in your quest to find holistic, licensed, professional health and wellness providers. I am mostly a plant-based eater, more tree hugger than consumer, advocate of simple living, full-time RVer (for more than 10 years), and grandmother of three fantastic granddaughters (who live far from me, but with whom I video conference weekly and visit at least once a year for a month or more). OM
    Sheila Murrey says:

I birthed my program Integrated Spiral from being depressed (experiencing depression), during 2020 lockdown time. I kept writing down my feelings and observations… eventually a loose spiral framework became apparent for pulling myself out of the dark hole I’d been in. Now, I want to see if it helps others, not just for the mental outlook/mindset, but weightloss, and integrating Spirit.

1. Great Initiative. Much needed one though. I’ll read through it. Thanks for the reference. 🙂

1. Sheila “Spiral Sister” Murrey – Florida – I'm the author of the book, "Take It Upon Yourself to Live a Wholly Vibrant Life”, as well as two blogs. I write about holistic health and wellness, and spiritual topics. My intention is to share what I have learned and integrated into my daily life to help uplift and lighten others. Everyone can live a balanced, soul-aligned, and wholly vibrant life! I am a holistic health festival event emcee, and spirit-filled, soul-aligned transformational leader and speaker in the beautiful sunny state of Florida. I am a vibrant spiritual being living a Soul-connected earthly experience. My mantras: Align with Spirit in ALL ways. Go with your "God bumps" flow to FEEL your Soul-alignment ALL the time. Study at your Passion. Gather knowledge. Pray. Meditate. Then, Take It Upon Yourself to walk your talk, practice what you preach, and integrate all you learn into your day-to-day, so you joyfully express Omni-everything! We Are All Connected. Everything Resolves to Gratitude. Life's an ADVENTURE! Now, go have FUN! Disclaimer: My full-time computer software profession deals with data and documentation management: large-scale relational database systems. I am mostly analytical, yet also creative, currently working as a senior applications systems analyst on a large government contract. I am NOT a doctor or health practitioner, though I work with natural and holistic health professionals as a writer and emcee at health festivals and events. I encourage folks to seek multiple opinions for any health dis-eases. I support you in your quest to find holistic, licensed, professional health and wellness providers. I am mostly a plant-based eater, more tree hugger than consumer, advocate of simple living, full-time RVer (for more than 10 years), and grandmother of three fantastic granddaughters (who live far from me, but with whom I video conference weekly and visit at least once a year for a month or more). OM
        Sheila Murrey says:

Thank you. I can’t begin to tell you what a challenging 2020 I had, from moving our RV to “off grid” living in the country, to all the COVID stuff (which affected everyone in multiple ways). Plus, we’re older, and it just takes more Energy to do the “normal stuff.” (And I still work full-time! Ha!)

2. Yes true, It was indeed a challenging year. I totally understand how hard it gets for old ones, without much support available. Just stay safe and healthy. 🙂

6. Anindita Ganguly – A researcher in Indian theatre and a Writer by profession, I dream to create magic with words. I am passionate about gardening, movies, music and books. I love reading anything from Tinkle to Haruki Murakami! I am crazy about food and love visiting places.
    Anindita Ganguly says:

Very well penned. Loved reading this. Best wishes to you.

7. ShiraDest – DC area – Shira Destinie Jones is a published poet, academic author, and advocate for improving our #PublicDomainInfrastructure. Her latest book, Stayed on Freedom's Call, on Black-Jewish Cooperation in DC, is freely available via the Internet Archive at https://archive.org/details/StayedOnFreedomsCall. She has organized community events such as film discussions, multi-ethnic song events, and cooperative presentations, and is a native of Washington, DC. She promotes peace, NVC and the Holocene Calendar, and is also a writer of reviews and stories on: http://www.tuquelees.com/ver-perfil-l... http://www.livraddict.com/profil/shir... https://www.wattpad.com/user/ShiraDest and https://www.linkedin.com/in/shiradest In Solidarity with All Kind People, Peace via Cooperation and Non-Cooperation, July, 12017 HE ShiraDest
    ShiraDest says:

patience: I hope that you are right, Raghav.
    Thank you for following my Critical Thinking for Human Community blog!

Stay safe,
    Shira Destinie

8. Cindy Georgakas – I’ve been in the field of health and wellness for thirty plus years. It is my passion and life work. I’m a Life Coach, certified through Dr. Cherie Carter Scott PHD (Mother of Life Coaching), a Certified California Massage Therapist, (CAMTC) specializing in Craniosacral Therapy, Thai, Deep Tissue, Sports. Pre postnatal etc. I am also a Reiki Master, a Certified Personal Trainer, and a Certified Yoga Teacher and writer. I love starting my day in meditation, yoga and Tai Chi and Qui gong, hiking with my husband, furry legged kids, and my kids (when I can grab them); and hanging with my cats.
    Cindy Georgakas says:

it sure taught me a lot and I learned things I never thought possible and met so many new friends through our WP community. So lucky are we!
    Great post!

1. Cindy Georgakas – I’ve been in the field of health and wellness for thirty plus years. It is my passion and life work. I’m a Life Coach, certified through Dr. Cherie Carter Scott PHD (Mother of Life Coaching), a Certified California Massage Therapist, (CAMTC) specializing in Craniosacral Therapy, Thai, Deep Tissue, Sports. Pre postnatal etc. I am also a Reiki Master, a Certified Personal Trainer, and a Certified Yoga Teacher and writer. I love starting my day in meditation, yoga and Tai Chi and Qui gong, hiking with my husband, furry legged kids, and my kids (when I can grab them); and hanging with my cats.
        Cindy Georgakas says:

You are so welcome!
        My pleasure!

9. JoAnna – On the East Coast of the USA – An open minded, tree-hugging Jesus follower, former counselor, and life-long lover of animals, I'm returning to my creative roots and have published my first book: Trust the Timing, A Memoir of Finding Love Again as well as the short version: From Loneliness to Love.
    JoAnna says:

Good points! Every challenge has gifts of learning and strength. At the very least, impatient people will hopefully appreciate freedom more. Fortunately, I’m a patient person. I like being at home, but I do appreciate the freedom of my time now that I’m retired. I like the title of your blog and the idea of seeking a neutral viewpoint. Thanks for following, “Anything is Possible.”

1. Thanks a lot for that wonderful reply Jo. Much appreciated. I’m happy that you liked it. I am patient person as well. I would love to spend time alone at home.

10. da-AL – “Flamenco & the Sitting Cat,” is the​ new general fiction novel that I hope to soon publish, along with its sequel, “Tango & the Sitting Cat.” Visitors who enjoy my writing and sensibility will love my soon-to-be-podcast & published books! Before writing novels, I was a visual artist. Before that, I was a reporter for cable TV, radio, and print. My journalism awards include an Emmy. Within months of my birth in Florida, I was off to a childhood of relocating between coasts, as well as various parts of Spain. The fact that my father was from Barcelona and that my mother is from Argentina may have something to do with it. My international life wouldn’t be complete without my Iranian-American husband, who shares my passion for international dance, music, travel, and literature. We also adore animals. Our black lab-mix doggie us company as we work from home. She takes quite seriously her self-appointed job of alerting us know when a postal carrier or outside dog nears our home!
    da-AL says:

well said. we’re still in lockdown here in Los Angeles — needing more patience…

11. स्पष्टता

वह सबको बताती है
    एक काउंटर स्थिति में
    वास्तविकता को
    उपस्थिति
    बेहतर के लिए क्या
    करना होगा

12. vinneve – I believe in this quote "Life is a JOURNEY, travel it well." Wherever we may end up so long as there is LOVE we will be happy!
    vinneve says:

Yes I agree and had similar post about it too a long time ago when covid was just starting last year. So sad that one year on we are still having this pandemic lurking waiting to strike anytime on anyone.

13. Erstaunlich! Ich habe absolut keine Geduld mit mir selbst, aber sehr viel mit Kindern oder behinderten Menschen. Obwohl aus gesundheitlichen Gründen in Rente gegangen, habe ich 2 Jahre lang einem behinderten Mädchen 3 mal wöchentlich bei den Hausaufgaben geholfen, für sie mit gekocht und viel mit ihr geübt. Sie hat die Schule mit guten Ergebnissen abgeschlossen und ihre gerichtlich bestimmter Vormund ist mir sehr dankbar dafür.
    Ich bin stolz, dass sie meinem unbedeutenden Blog folgen wollen! Danke!
    Gerel (Momfilou)

14. Thebeerchaser – Portland, Oregon – Retired Chief Operating Officer at a large Northwest regional law firm. Attended Oregon State University in the late '60's and went to Portland State University for graduate school. Have resided in Oregon since our family moved here in 1960.
    Thebeerchaser says:

I agree that the lockdowns provided some great learning opportunities while still creating severe hardships for many. Some people did learn to be more patient, however, I think others did not and there is still much divisiveness in the US. Part of this is listening to another’s point of view requires patience and discipline. I fear that there is too little active listening, but one can always hope.