Who is a leader?

Advertisements

We all have that one strong desire, to be a leader someday. Whether its in our society or at work. We always aspire to lead and make necessary impact. Do you know even a common man can be a leader.

But before having a desire, have you ever thought, as to what it takes to be a leader??

Let me guess.. your desire was strong enough and it actually ignored to think about the necessary qualities required to be a leader.

But, if you are planning to become one someday, then this article would serve you with necessary qualities. So why delay, let’s dive in.

1. Ability to perceive things differently

This quality, a leader will get with experience. One who see’s things and handles situations in a balanced manner, will be a better leader.

People should be inspired by the quality

You see inexperienced leader will only bring or make very limited or no impact.

The experienced one’s, will not only make impact but he/she will guide his followers through the same path.

2. A leader is one who is not selfish in nature.

You should have seen or witnessed many people, who after becoming a leader, would slowly turn selfish and misuse the very own acclaimed power, favouring some and ignoring the rest.

We need to understand its actually, beyond being selfish.

Leader should lend his/her service hands and support people in uplifting them as and when required.

We are here to grow together.

People desire with some hope, and aspire to see a better change from their leader.

The most important thing, a leader will and should have is, an intense commitment towards what he/she does. People should recognise and only then the position holds value.

Hence, the position holds some amount of dignity and respect.

3. A leader will not order things, rather executes things in a better way.

We do have a problem in the system of functioning of a leader.

Leaders generally pass on orders and sets certain example, which will actually destroy the leader and subordinate bonding.

Don’t command rather support

A Leader should understand the mere fact that, because there are subordinates, he or she is a leader. if not the position has no value.

Its high time, leader should share responsibility equally among other people and bring necessary changes in an institution or organisation.

Once, a leader showcase such an attitude towards the problem, people around him will eventually learn the same. This will create a bigger impact in the working communities.

4. Leader should influence positively

A leader can influence negatively or can influence in a positive way.

But a leader should always aspire to create some kind of positive impact over the people he/she meet on a daily basis.

This way leader can influence large amount of people who travel in his/her way on a day to day basis.

Positive impact will bring positive output

We are here on the earth for a limited time.

Let’s bring a change, that impacts larger community of people.

5. A leader is one who relies on certain ethics

Being a leader does not take much. You just need to follow, focus and stick on to the right ethics and values.

You see all our leaders are very simple in nature. Do you know why?? They follow certain ethics like, time management, being neutral in judgement, being an active listener and so on.

People should notice the leader in you

These are very small things that can make huge impact.

If you want to bring the change, first be the change.

If you can bring change at least in one, the result will multiply into thousands.

This is a neutral view, you can express your views in the below comment section.

12.85392877.651887

50 thoughts on “Who is a leader?

1. It was an interesting read Raghav. You have presented leadership in simple and ordered way. Thank you.

2. moragnoffke – Morag is a woman who has survived to tell the tale of her travels. She views life as many individual journeys which she has travelled through time and are twisted together to make a strong firm rope; the rope is her life. They are her stories. She enjoys thinking, communicating and expressing her thoughts through art, poetry and writing. She feels deeply connected to nature, creativity and people and aspires to be an active citizen in her community. Travel, either figuratively in stories and ideas or literally in going to new places, is made up of the fibers of all her interests. Her vision is to always heed the calling to live life well and to help others along the way to do the same. She lives with her husband and has 2 adult daughters, 2 dogs and 2 cats.
    moragnoffke says:

These attributes are certainly qualities of good leadership, ones that we should aspire to in making the world a better place. Unfortunately there are ineffective leaders that want to lead to serve themselves instead of in service of others. I enjoyed reading your post, it is encouraging.

1. moragnoffke – Morag is a woman who has survived to tell the tale of her travels. She views life as many individual journeys which she has travelled through time and are twisted together to make a strong firm rope; the rope is her life. They are her stories. She enjoys thinking, communicating and expressing her thoughts through art, poetry and writing. She feels deeply connected to nature, creativity and people and aspires to be an active citizen in her community. Travel, either figuratively in stories and ideas or literally in going to new places, is made up of the fibers of all her interests. Her vision is to always heed the calling to live life well and to help others along the way to do the same. She lives with her husband and has 2 adult daughters, 2 dogs and 2 cats.
        moragnoffke says:

You are welcome.

3. pura maria garcia – valencia – Soy una adicta al SIGNIFICADO de la voz escrita y hablada, a la PALABRA, a sus matices, a las formas irisadas que toma cuando, en el pensamiento, late y propícia una idea o una emoción, una pequeña luz sobre la que ahondar en la realidad y el sentimiento.
    pura maria garcia says:

Words from a leader.Great post.

4. Tails Around the Ranch – Denver, CO – The inspiration behind this blog is one goofy Standard Poodle named Yosemite Sam (Sam). I'm Monika, his upright. We live near downtown Denver in a 1950's style ranch house. I have a passion for big dogs and keeping them healthy through exercise and nutrition. In my copious spare time, I create all-natural organic treats. Sam is the the official 'taster' and quality control officer. Nothing leaves the 'Ranch' without his official paw of approval. Our main focus of late is being part of a hospital and hospice Pet Therapy team since Sam is the sweetest fur baby around (even if he's a little ADHD). Patients, staff and visitors alike adore him as he brings the sick a few moments of happiness. So grab a cup of coffee or a glass of wine and be prepared to BOL (bark out loud) following our adventures. Life with this goofball is a paw-some hoot. :) And don't forget to sniff or bark a comment; we'd love to hear from you.
    Tails Around the Ranch says:

Interesting perspective with great points. And thank you for swinging by the “Ranch” and for the follow. We visitors.

1. Tails Around the Ranch – Denver, CO – The inspiration behind this blog is one goofy Standard Poodle named Yosemite Sam (Sam). I'm Monika, his upright. We live near downtown Denver in a 1950's style ranch house. I have a passion for big dogs and keeping them healthy through exercise and nutrition. In my copious spare time, I create all-natural organic treats. Sam is the the official 'taster' and quality control officer. Nothing leaves the 'Ranch' without his official paw of approval. Our main focus of late is being part of a hospital and hospice Pet Therapy team since Sam is the sweetest fur baby around (even if he's a little ADHD). Patients, staff and visitors alike adore him as he brings the sick a few moments of happiness. So grab a cup of coffee or a glass of wine and be prepared to BOL (bark out loud) following our adventures. Life with this goofball is a paw-some hoot. :) And don't forget to sniff or bark a comment; we'd love to hear from you.
        Tails Around the Ranch says:

You’re most welcome. Thank YOU.

5. You have shown us what a true leader is or should be. Great post!

6. Sheila “Spiral Sister” Murrey – Florida – I'm the author of the book, "Take It Upon Yourself to Live a Wholly Vibrant Life”, as well as two blogs. I write about holistic health and wellness, and spiritual topics. My intention is to share what I have learned and integrated into my daily life to help uplift and lighten others. Everyone can live a balanced, soul-aligned, and wholly vibrant life! I am a holistic health festival event emcee, and spirit-filled, soul-aligned transformational leader and speaker in the beautiful sunny state of Florida. I am a vibrant spiritual being living a Soul-connected earthly experience. My mantras: Align with Spirit in ALL ways. Go with your "God bumps" flow to FEEL your Soul-alignment ALL the time. Study at your Passion. Gather knowledge. Pray. Meditate. Then, Take It Upon Yourself to walk your talk, practice what you preach, and integrate all you learn into your day-to-day, so you joyfully express Omni-everything! We Are All Connected. Everything Resolves to Gratitude. Life's an ADVENTURE! Now, go have FUN! Disclaimer: My full-time computer software profession deals with data and documentation management: large-scale relational database systems. I am mostly analytical, yet also creative, currently working as a senior applications systems analyst on a large government contract. I am NOT a doctor or health practitioner, though I work with natural and holistic health professionals as a writer and emcee at health festivals and events. I encourage folks to seek multiple opinions for any health dis-eases. I support you in your quest to find holistic, licensed, professional health and wellness providers. I am mostly a plant-based eater, more tree hugger than consumer, advocate of simple living, full-time RVer (for more than 10 years), and grandmother of three fantastic granddaughters (who live far from me, but with whom I video conference weekly and visit at least once a year for a month or more). OM
    Sheila Murrey says:

Excellent! Very concise.

7. Rob Alberts – Amsterdam-ZuidOost – Mensen, natuur, de aarde, planten en dieren hebben mijn interesse. Monumentale Bomen fascineren mij. Onderwijs is mijn passie. In 1988 ben ik in de Bijlmermeer komen wonen. De mensen, het groen, de andere manier van bouwen / wonen hebben mijn hart gestolen. Zonder ver te reizen is hier de hele wereld binnen handbereik. Rondom mijn huis geniet ik vooral van de Familie Pimpelmees. In december 2009 ben ik gaan bloggen over wat mij opvalt of wat mij bezig houdt.
    Rob Alberts says:

Nice Blogpost

Kind regards,

8. Ajaz Ahmed Bhatt – Hello visitor, I am Ajaz Ahmed Bhatt a freelance writer and author. I created this small space to share my creative ideas with you all... hope you'll enjoy it
    Ajaz Ahmed Bhatt says:

Hello raghav.

9. This is such a good article, R.

10. Tangie – Christian Blogger, minister's wife, mother of three adult children and grandmother of one granddaughter
    Tangie says:

The wise words of a leader. Thank you for sharing and have a great day/night and remain safe.

11. Orvillewrong – "I am well read, fairly well travelled, maybe not as many stamps on my passport as I would like. Young at Heart, Always! I like Military history. I Love Life`s variable, colour, character are potential events to record for posterity!!
    Orvillewrong says:

An interesting viewpoint!

12. Orvillewrong – "I am well read, fairly well travelled, maybe not as many stamps on my passport as I would like. Young at Heart, Always! I like Military history. I Love Life`s variable, colour, character are potential events to record for posterity!!
    Orvillewrong says:

My Pleasure!

13. Anna Waldherr – A practicing attorney for over 20 years, Anna Waldherr is today a writer and advocate for the poor. She is the author of The Rose Garden – A Daughter’s Story, a first-hand account of child abuse and recovery, and An Evangelical on the Left, an examination of the politics of religion and the place of faith in public life. Anna blogs on religion, politics, and social justice at A Lawyer's Prayers alawyersprayers.com, and on abuse-related issues at A Voice Reclaimed, Surviving Child Abuse avoicereclaimed.com.
    Anna Waldherr says:

Excellent points!

14. Thebeerchaser – Portland, Oregon – Retired Chief Operating Officer at a large Northwest regional law firm. Attended Oregon State University in the late '60's and went to Portland State University for graduate school. Have resided in Oregon since our family moved here in 1960.
    Thebeerchaser says:

Not all of us are natural leaders and your points were well-stated, succinct and a good primer for those who are trying to learn more.